Holy Trinity Catholic Parish and School in Winsted, founded in 1883, is one of only a handful of Catholic co-educational schools in Minnesota that serve students pre-kindergarten through 12th grade. The elementary and high school buildings are across the street from Holy Trinity Catholic Church. This close proximity fosters a family atmosphere among students, staff, and parish members. Holy Trinity School is accredited by the Minnesota Non-public School Accrediting Association (MNSAA), affirming the school’s academic excellence. Holy Trinity is also a member of the National Federation of Nonpublic School State Accrediting Association.
1883– Formal Catholic School education began in the fall of 1883 and continues today with thousands of Holy Trinity graduates making their way prepared to succeed with a deepened faith life.
1886– Three different church buildings have served the parishioners of Holy Trinity; a chapel built in 1869, a second 25′ x 90′ church built in 1877, and the present building, 50′ x 140′ church built in 1886 of red brick and is one of the most substantial church buildings in the county.
1925-1965– The original high school was built in 1925 at the height of the Depression and is still in use, with a major addition in 1965.
2006– To continue the strong tradition of Catholic education in Winsted, parishioners broke ground on a brand new elementary building.
2015– Holy Trinity Church expanded their building to include an elevator and more spacious front entrance.
“Holy Trinity provided us an excellent level of instruction that prepared us for college. The college transition was easier because Holy Trinity was not, and what we believe is still not, a school that allows you to “sluff” off and get by. It is an education of a lifetime.”John & Donna Stifter, Class of 1980 and 1988